Broward County Property Appraiser (BCPA) Monthly Newsletter – April 2022

2022 Property Exemptions – It Is Not Too Late to Apply

While the timely deadline to apply for any 2022 exemption was March 1, applicants can late file until September 19, 2022.  If you both owned and made the property your permanent residence as of January 1, 2022, you can still apply for 2022 Homestead Exemption and any other exemptions.  You can apply for all exemptions online at

Deployed Military Exemption

Homesteaded property owners who were deployed on active military duty outside of the United States in support of a designated military operation in 2021 are eligible for an additional exemption for the 2022 tax year. Property owners deployed in 2022 will be eligible for this exemption for the upcoming 2023 tax year.

Applicants must provide US military documentation indicating their 2021 dates of active duty deployment outside the United States in support of one of the designated military operations: Operation Noble Eagle, Operation Joint Task Force Bravo, Operation Joint Guardian, Operations in the Balkans, Operation Nomad Shadow, Operation U.S. Airstrikes Al Qaeda in Somalia, Operation Copper Dune, Operation Georgia Deployment Program, Operation Spartan Shield, Operation Observant Compass, Operation Inherent Resolve, Operation Atlantic Resolve, Operation Freedom’s Sentinel, Operation Resolute Support, Operation Juniper Shield, Operation Pacific Eagle and Operation Martillo or in support of a subordinate operation to any of the preceding. Applicants approved for tax year 2022 will receive an additional exemption equal to the percentage of the year they were deployed in 2021. This exemption requires the holder to submit new supporting documentation each year to retain these valuable savings. If your deployment crosses over two calendar years, we accept pre-filed applications for the upcoming tax year to make the application process more convenient for you.

For additional information about this important exemption, please visit our website at A servicemember’s spouse or personal representative may apply on behalf of the servicemember.

If my office can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at

Take care,